• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Official Thread Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Nintendo X

The Legend
Staff member
Thread starter #1
Name: Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Release Date: TBA 2017
Genre: RPG
Developer: Monolith Soft
Publisher: Nintendo

LuigiWV23

Banned #3
I'm new to the Xenoblade franchise. I played a very small portion of the first game on Wii. Does the story carry over from game to game or can I jump in with Xenoblade 2 and be okay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nintendo X

The Legend
Staff member
Thread starter #4
I'm new to the Xenoblade franchise. I played a very small portion of the first game on Wii. Does the story carry over from game to game or can I jump in with Xenoblade 2 and be okay?
You'll be fine. These guys are the same guys that developed Xenogears, wait no.. They WERE the original developers behind Xenogears, moved onto Xenosaga series, and managed to feel fresh without having to "carry over" much of the story over from the previous iteration.

Furthermore, here's the synopsis on Xenoblade Chronicles:
Xenoblade Chronicles forms part of the Xeno metaseries, although no direct narrative connections exist to previous Xeno games, and incorporates aesthetic and narrative elements from both fantasy and science fiction.
...In other words, it's a universe.

Xenogears, Xenosaga, Xenoblade and subsequent Chronicles were all supposed to be part of its 6-series plot...
The first title, Xenogears, was originally proposed as a storyline for Final Fantasy VII, but was allowed to be developed as its own project. After Square shifted its focus onto the Final Fantasy series, Takahashi and several other Xenogears staff founded Monolith Soft and began work on the Xenosaga games.
The most you'll have to worry about is some references to the previous entry, and some easter eggs.

Last edited:

Flash

Currently playing this glad i biught the expansion pass. 93 hours in. Great story but gameplay disconnects me. Realtime fighting would’ve been much better in my personal opinion

Nintendo X

The Legend
Staff member
Thread starter #7
Currently playing this glad i biught the expansion pass. 93 hours in. Great story but gameplay disconnects me. Realtime fighting would’ve been much better in my personal opinion
That's the reason why I'm not playing it. It's a good game, but the gameplay is a little weird. And on top of that, progressing in the game is also weird. The game tells you to go to "x," but ends up confusing you. I'm stuck in one of the areas in the game, and it's the reason why I stopped playing.

:(

Flash

That's the reason why I'm not playing it. It's a good game, but the gameplay is a little weird. And on top of that, progressing in the game is also weird. The game tells you to go to "x," but ends up confusing you. I'm stuck in one of the areas in the game, and it's the reason why I stopped playing.

:(
Yea i took a break from it for about a month for the same thing. They got to do better on that.

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements